What is significant about 27? It is an odd number and an odd age as well. You can neither claim to be young nor old, neither wiser nor naïve. I find it moronic that some people expect some level of maturity in relation to your age. What is maturity anyway? I have no intention of defining it and letting it define me as well.
Anyway, let me get to the point of this blog. I simply wish to share and put in writing some things that I know to be true about myself at the age of 27.
- I am proud to say that I have chosen my friends well, and I am happy that they have decided to be my friend.
- I am happy that I have unfriended people who do not deserve my attention and affection.
- I want to have supple skin, thus, I will be more mindful about sunscreen and moisturizer.
- I don’t care if material things can only give me temporary happiness. I will buy whatever happiness I can afford.
- I am not a religious person but I believe in a higher being, and I think the higher being is happy and content that I believe in such existence.
- I need to have more faith with my parents, just as much as they have faith in me.
- Confusion and sadness renders me useless and melancholic. I do not like this about myself. I should do something about that.
- I have more appreciation of my height more than ever.